I am MIA, aka the byt3girl 🤓,
- a computer scientist and software engineering manager at the Quantum Gravity Research Institute. My team and I are developing high-performance simulations and artificial intelligence research to uncover the emergent quantum gravity theory.
- a kook surfer, snowboarder and skateboarder on some waves or slopes around the world. Besides that, I am based in Malibu, CA or Maui, HI 🌴.
Before that...Previously, I was:
- a digital nomad for a couple of years. And before that I lived in several awesome places including: New York City, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, San Diego, Honolulu, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Sao Paulo, Santiago, and Boston.
- a senior software engineer at Surfline, where I wrote a clip rewind software which uses AWS's Lambda Function + SQS + SNS infrastructure to create clips from 500+ surf cameras around the world so that surfers can see their surfed waves :). I also designed a machine learning infrastructure for Surf Science.
- a senior infrastructure software engineer at Etsy, where I created an infrastructure using OSQuery and Elastalert to inspect and detect security anomalies in the fleet. I also designed a machine learning infrastructure for analyzing that security data.
- a senior software engineer at Apple, where I created a couple of software to help with Apple's internal security and I also helped developing Apple's Deep Learning toolkit in CUDA, for richer data augmentation for image recognition.
- a software engineer at Yelp, where I created a machine learning software to help detecting DNS and other security endpoints security.
- a PhD graduate researcher at a Los Alamos National Laboratory, where I developed Monte Carlo simulations and data analysis to find the Physics of Neutron Stars.
- a PhD graduate researcher at Brookhaven National Laboratory, where I researched the Physics of Quark-Gluon Plasmas.
- a undergraduate researcher at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, where I studied the Physics of Active Galactic Nuclei.
I went to Stony Brook University to have my PhD in Physics and Astrophysics. I went to the University of Sao Paulo to have my BSc in Physics. I have presented at scientific conferences such as the American Astronomical Society and the CERN Winter School. I am also an Recurse Center'14 alumni (former Hacker School), an HPC Xsede Summer School '13 alumni, and a CERN Winter School '09 alumni. I have been hacking, coding, and Linuxing since high school. Then I went to DEF CON and fell in love with hacking this Matrix. I presented a talk on quantum ♄ cryptography at the Cryptovillage once.
My book on Python and Algorithms has been used by many around the world. In 2017, I signed with Hanbit Media, Inc. to have it translated to Korean. My book on Group Theory is now used as a text book by graduate students around the planet, including at CALTECH (at least, that's what Prof. Maria Spiropulu told me). I also have an e-book on Quantum Field Theory, you know, what they research at Large Colliders :). I have several articles published in renowned Nuclear, Astrophysics, and Cosmology journals and conferences. I also have tons of whitepapers and tutorials and open source projects on machine learning, algorithms, computer vision, astrophysics, computer security, particles physics, etc. Science is fun!
- If you are a physicist, this is the singularity I am talking about. If you are a computer scientist, then it is this. They are equally fascinating. ☺
- My PGP: 145A 15D9 3393 4416 F7EA 0B9E E26F 1C8E 27D9 8506.
- License: This blog is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license.
- The pictures in this blog were selected from reddit cyberpunk and my favorite graphic novels, games, and movies (I do not own their copyright).
- Sometimes I like to drone & make art.
- Impossible is just another state of mind.
- Treat everything you perceive as a dream.
- Kindness is wisdom.
- STAR REBEL ☠️.